Important Things to Know about Niacinamide
Who should use niacinamide?
Formulas with soothing niacinamide can be suitable for most skin types, including those with sensitive and acne-prone skin. Niacinamide is not produced naturally by the body, so in order to gain the benefits of niacinamide, you need to choose skincare products specifically formulated to include niacinamide.
What does niacinamide do to the skin?
When topically applied, niacinamide can help to strengthen the skin’s moisture barrier, which can help reduce moisture loss and dehydration, and even help reduce the visible effects of environmental damage, so skin appears healthier and more radiant.
How is niacinamide used?
Niacinamide is found in a variety of skincare products, including cleansers, lotions and creams. Simply use these products as directed. The gentle nature of niacinamide makes it appropriate for formulas that are suitable for sensitive skin.
How does niacinamide work?
Niacinamide can help soothe the skin and has been shown to have antioxidant capabilities as well. In addition, it is often used in formulas created to help improve the appearance of skin discoloration and other visible signs of environmental damage.
Can niacinamide be used on the body?
Niacinamide’s far-reaching benefits make it an ideal ingredient for soothing dryness and itching.
What are the benefits of niacinamide?
Niacinamide's versatility is one of its key benefits. Not only is it compatible with other skincare ingredients, but niacinamide is gentle and typically well tolerated—even by those with sensitive skin, which means it can be used on many skin types and for a variety of concerns, including dryness, tightness and flakiness.
Explore Our Ingredients
- Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid in Skincare | Ingredients | CeraVe UK
- Glycolic And Lactic Acid | Ingredients For Skincare | CeraVe UK
- Niacinamide - Vitamin B3 | Ingredients For Skincare | CeraVe UK
- Retinol - Vitamin A Derivative | Skincare Ingredients | CeraVe UK
- Salicylic Beta-hydroxy Acid |Skincare Ingredients | CeraVe UK
- Squalane - Petrolatum | Ingredients For Skincare | CeraVe UK
- Urea - Humectant | Ingredients For Skincare | CeraVe UK